Family Engagement Resource Center
Machen Elementary School will do whatever it takes to ensure student learning and build a sense of confidence, respect, responsibility, and motivation within all students.
Be sure to stop by and visit our Family Engagement Resource Center, which is located in room 139. We have countless books, games, and resources available for you to check out and use. Our Family Engagement Specialist (FES), Adrienne Woods, is here to help you and your child. If you would like to find out more about the Family Engagement Resource Center, the programs we are offering, or if you want to get more involved, send us an email by clicking on the link above or call us at 727-2910.
Hampton City Schools Non-Discrimination Notice
Hampton City Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or other protected classes in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Robbin G. Ruth, Executive Director of Human Resources
One Franklin Street, Hampton, VA 23669
Machen Family Engagement Resource Center
Machen Family Engagement Resource Center provides:
- A comfortable place where parents can talk with other parents or Machen school staff
- Materials and a space where parents can get together with other parents and school staff to learn how to assist in their children's at-home learning
- Information about current school programs and events
- Instructional materials to help parents guide their children's learning
- Educational games, books, and DVDs that parents can use with their children at home as well as toys and books for visiting children
- A place where parents can receive information on specific educational materials to be used at home
- Meeting space for parent groups and workshops
- An informal location for individual parent-teacher or parent-principal discussions
- Information about cultural and community services and agencies to help families with educational, health, and social service needs
- A Family Engagement Specialist (FES) whose main priority is to support the parents of Machen Elementary School
Machen Elementary School staff and parents are working together to reach a common goal:
The academic success of ALL Machen students!
GOT AN ABSENCE?
Hello Machen Nation! When your young STAR Mustang is absent or late to school, please be sure to report the absence or tardy using ONE of the following methods:
Luther W. Machen Elementary School
20 Sacramento Drive
Hampton, VA 23666